SOMERVILLE – Mayor Joseph A. Curtatone and the Board of Aldermen invite residents to the Fall 2018 ResiStat Community Meetings, a twice-yearly effort to share the latest City news, data, and neighborhood updates directly with residents and gather their feedback. ResiStat is both a great way to learn more about what’s happening in your neighborhood and around Somerville and a chance to talk with elected officials, City staff, and neighbors. A social half hour before the meeting and time after the meeting provide an easy opportunity for one-on-one chats. (We serve pizza and kid-friendly, healthy snacks to make it more fun to come and chat.)
Seven neighborhood meetings, one in each ward, will be held in the coming weeks. Mayor Curtatone, ward and at-large aldermen, members of the Somerville Police Department, and City staff will discuss issues important to residents. Residents will also have time to ask about other issues important to them. With several large construction projects coming up or already in the works, this fall’s ResiStat meetings will heavily focus on construction.
Interpretation into Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian Creole will be provided at every meeting
For more information about ResiStat, or with any questions, contact ResiStat Coordinator, Meghann Ackerman, at MAckerman@somervillema.gov or 617-625-6600 ext. 2120.
Partial Fall 2018 ResiStat Meeting Schedule
Meetings run from 6:30 to 8 p.m., with refreshments at 6 p.m.
• Ward 1 (East Somerville, Assembly Sq.): Tues., Oct. 9, East Somerville Community School Auditorium, 50 Cross St.
• Ward 5 (Magoun Sq., NE Ball Sq., Cedar & Lowell St. areas, NW Porter Sq.): Mon., Oct. 22, The Center for Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave.
• Ward 2 (S. Union Sq., Perry and Lincoln Park neighborhoods, Beacon St. area): Tues., Oct. 30, Argenziano School, 290 Washington St.
• Ward 6 (greater Davis Sq. neighborhood): Thurs., Nov. 1, Spaces, 54 Chester St.
• Ward 3 (N. Union Sq., Prospect Hill, Spring Hill, Central Hill): Wed., Nov. 7, Somerville High School cafeteria, 81 Highland Ave.
• Ward 4 (Winter Hill, Ten Hills): Tues., Nov. 13, Healey School, 5 Meacham St.
• Ward 7 (West Somerville, Teele Sq.): Thurs., Nov. 15, Tufts University’s Pearson Chemical Lab, room 104, 62 Talbot Ave.