The Duhamel Education Initiative (DEI) presented the following grant awards to Somerville Public Schools educators at the June 23rd School Committee meeting, to support innovative
programs in 2014-2015. DEI sponsors grants of up to $1,000 to support at-risk students. Congratulations to the following grant awardees, and THANK YOU, DEI, for your commitment to Somerville youth!
· Amanda Tsoi and Sebastian LaGambina: $600 for the Grade 9 Improvement Luncheon
· Jennifer Quinlan: $938.38 for the Home School Connection Reading Program for Grade 2 ELL Students
· Ada Santos: $500 for Local History Club outfits
· Linda Wiegenfeld and Liliana Skero: $410 for “A Poem in your Pocket, A Song in your Heart”
· Alicia Kersten: $1,000 for the “Living History Speaker” program