Community media encourages local dialogue, increases discourse around policy issues, fosters an understanding of local cultures, and shares information to improve our lives. Somerville Media Center is happy to participate in this nationally celebrated holiday on October 20 with many others nationwide! We have a bunch of family friendly activities happening throughout the day, please keep reading to learn more!
You can learn more about the national holiday online here #CommunityMediaDay.
Join us at our free open house from 11am to 3pm and learn all about how to turn your idea into media at Somerville Media Center.
You are invited to join us for one or all of these activities:
• Tour our studios and edit suites to more about the wonderful work that we do, meet our skilled staff and talented SMC member producers
• Share your story in a mini-story session in our NEW podcasting studio
• Bring your families (including animal friends) in costume and record a short Halloween video greeting!
• Help to get out the vote and record a short video to encourage voter participation this November
• Make a stop motion animation video (family friendly)
• Attend the “Importance of Community Media & Hyperlocal News” Panel Discussion (1-2:00pm)
• Scavenger hunt card (get a candy for every individual project they participate in)
• More TBA!
Please come by and celebrate with us!