Photos by Bob Staffiere and Nancy Shea
By William Tauro
This past Friday afternoon Somerville firefighters battled a two alarm dwelling fire located at 916 Broadway in Somerville.
First responders also attempted twice to performed CPR on a dog that was pulled from the building trying to revive the pet. Unfortunately the dog did not survive. A pet cat was also lost in the fire.
According to sources at the scene, firefighting efforts were affected by the solar panels on the roof of the home.
No other injuries were reported.
Photo:Responders attempting to perform CPR to a dog that was pulled from the structure.