Photo from GBNEMBA website
EVENT DATE: Sunday, October 14, 2018 – 9:00am to 1:00pm
The Greater Boston chapter of the New England Mountain Biking Association (GBNEMBA) will be hosting a Kids Mountain Biking Festival at the Middlesex Fells, Sheepfold Parking Lot, Stoneham MA.
Schedule of Events
• 9:00am – 11:00am: Sign-in
• 9:00am – 1:00pm: JRA Cycles Wrench Tent
• 9:45am: Led Rides
• 10:15am: Led Rides
• 11am – 1pm: Stunts demo/ learning
• 11:30am: Balance Bike Race
• 11:45am: Bike Limbo
• 10am – 12pm: Arts and Crafts (including Pumpkin Decorating)
• Noon: BBQ lunch
• 12:30pm: Swag raffle (must be present to win)
• 12:45pm: Bike raffle!! 24″ Cannondale CUJO (must be present to win)
The Led Rides are designed for children ages 5-15. Based on the skill levels of the participants, they typically break into two groups: one for kids who have more experience with riding, and a second group for beginners. All that is required is that bikes be in good working order and everyone has closed-toed shoes, helmets, and water.
* The Led Rides are not appropriate for bikes with training wheels BUT there will be a marked course for training wheels Balance bikes can be used on Led Rides.
No registration is required. If you have any questions about the Kids’ Rides please contact Andrea Jones: email@example.com.
Remaining events in the GBNEMBA Kids Ride Series
• Oct 14 – (Sunday) Mountain Bike Kids Festival @Fells
• Nov 25 – (Sunday) Toys for Tots / Kids Ride @Fells
These rides allow children to have fun while enjoying the outdoors and getting some fitness. In addition to learning some biking skills, kids are taught respect for the parks, trails, and other trail users. The ride will be well staffed and every safety precaution will be observed. Parents are welcome on the ride but not required.