Image Credit: Carnivore Style https://carnivorestyle.com/
The Somerville Fire Department wants to remind you about grilling and outdoor fire safety so that you can have a fun and safe summer. Because houses are close together in Somerville and many buildings are made of wood it’s easy for a fire to spread quickly, so please take a minute to review these tips and regulations:
• Using any type of grill on a porch, balcony, fire escape, or roof is not allowed.
• Do not store propane tanks in or on a residential building.
• Any grilling should be done at ground level and at least 10 feet away from buildings.
• Keep grills clean to avoid grease fires.
• Never leave a burning grill unattended.
• Outdoor fire places, fire pits, and chimineas are prohibited in Somerville.