VeraniCARES May Day campaign exceeds goals and highlights impact of supporting communities where agents live and work
Londonderry, NH – In May, agents, staff, and volunteers from Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty (Verani) offices across Massachusetts and New Hampshire donated approximately $55,000 worth of cash, supplies and volunteer time to deserving area individuals and nonprofits. From monetary donations to yard cleanup and work days, agents brought awareness and resources to neighbors in need as part of Verani’s philanthropic arm, VeraniCARES, and its May Day campaign.
“All of us at Verani believe that by enhancing the lives of others, we become a better company, and the impact of the May Day campaign is a perfect illustration of that,” said Giovanni Verani, President at Verani. “It’s our hope that through VeraniCARES, our efforts can help to better our communities and inspire others in the cities and towns where we live and work by showing there are many ways to offer help to those in need. Congratulations and thanks go out to all who were involved in this comprehensive effort.”
The 2018 VeraniCARES May Day campaign included:
• A $20,000 donation to Veterans Count, a charity and assistance program for veterans and military families throughout New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont from Verani’s North Andover, Portsmouth, Exeter, and Commercial offices – the funds were raised through a standup comedy event;
• Installing new appliances, deck repairs, and soundproofing materials for veterans by agents in Verani’s Londonderry office;
• Yard work and home maintenance for area seniors by Verani’s Nashua office
• A $500 donation and participation in Concord Hospital’s Rock ‘n Race to benefit the HOPE Center at The Payson Center for Cancer Care at Concord Hospital by Verani’s Concord office;
• A $3,200 donation to Greater Manchester Habitat for Humanity projects that will assist eight families in Manchester from Verani’s Bedford office, which raised funds through a gala auction event;
• A $1,500 donation to the Save our Homes Walk and the Somerville Homeless Coalition from Verani’s Somerville office;
• Participation in the first annual Lake Winnipesaukee cleanup day by agents at Verani’s Moultonborough office;
• A $2,000 donation to New Beginnings – Without Violence & Abuse in Laconia from Verani’s Belmont office, which is also hosting an annual charity motorcycle ride and pancake breakfast on Saturday, June 16 for Bike Week; and
• Helping organize food donations and supplies and a $1,000 donation to Food for the Hungry Food Pantry in Salem from Verani’s Windham office.
In addition to special fundraising and volunteer efforts like the ones that happened throughout the month, real estate agents and staff may donate to the VeraniCARES fund throughout the year by pledging a portion of each commission or paycheck, and Verani matches each donation up to $10. The effort has been extremely successful, with 45 percent of Verani agents participating in VeraniCARES through a donation of a percentage of their sales. VeraniCARES has invested almost $110,000 into the communities it serves throughout New England since it was launched in 2015.
For more information about Verani’s offices throughout New Hampshire and Massachusetts, or about VeraniCARES, visit verani.com or contact Nicole Allen, Director of Marketing at Verani, at 603-434-2377 x2134.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty has been serving the real estate needs of New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine since 1967. The family-owned company has grown to over 500 agents, with a focus on innovative technology and exemplary customer service for its clients. In addition to providing residential real estate services, Verani also houses divisions dedicated to offering expertise in new construction homes, commercial real estate, relocation services and luxury properties. To learn more about Verani’s services and its affiliation with the international network of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices brokerages, visit verani.com or call 888-723-0306.