Join Mayor Joseph Curtatone and Ward 1 Alderman Matthew McLaughlin on Friday, Nov. 20 at 10:30 a.m. for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Symphony Park. Located at the corner of Pearl and Florence Streets, Somerville’s newest park is inspired by the legacy of the Hadley family who created music on this site and beyond. It features:
• a lush planting pallet that creates a contemplative garden;
• a small performance stage and pergola;
• a water feature and steps created from the original granite steps of the Hadley house;
• a recirculating irrigation system that captures storm water and uses it to water the plants;
• small herb garden plots; and
• custom benches and exercise features.
For more information about the park, visit http://www.somervillema.gov/ospcd/parks-and-open-space/symphony-park.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Betsy Allen, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or BAllen@somervillema.gov.