Supper and Bingo at Hanscom Airforce Base
Join us February 26th in the evening for Supper and Bingo at Hanscom Air force Base. The cost is $30 dollars per
person. Transportation and meal is included into the cost. RSVP is required. Hope you can join us!
Grandparents Day at Holland Street Center
If you enjoy the company of children and their families, come celebrate Grandparents Day with us on Wednesday, February 19th. The theme is “Growing and Learning Together.” We will plant seeds in anticipation of the Spring and play a fun Spring game together. A kid-friendly lunch is included. Pre-registration required. For more information and to pre-register, contact Janine Lotti at (617)625-6600, ext. 2300.
Book club will be meeting Friday February 7th at 10 a.m. for coffee and discussion of “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society,” by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. The Group meets promptly at 10 a.m. in the Holland St. center conference room. Free.
Please join us for our monthly breakfast of 2014 at Holland St. $2 suggested voluntary donation per meal. RSVP required.
TRIP POLICY REMINDER: SEATS ARE ONLY GUARANTEED UPON PAYMENT
The City of Somerville seeks qualified candidates to work as a Crossing Guard for the current school year. Morning shift is 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM; afternoon shift is 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM. Assignments to specific work sites will be determined. Must pass a pre-employment CORI and drug screen. Salary is $25.47 per day for working both morning and afternoon shifts.
Applications must be submitted to and are available at the City Hall Personnel Office, 93 Highland Avenue, Somerville MA 02143. You can also fax (617-666-4426) or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Somerville Police Safety Officer Sean Sylvester: email@example.com
SCOA Groups & Classes
• Monthly Breakfast – First Monday of the month at 9:30 a.m. Holland Street Center. RSVP required.
• Veteran’s Group – Third Monday of the month at 9:30 a.m. at Holland Street Center unless otherwise noted.
• Gardening Group – Second Monday of every month at 9 a.m.
• Moonlighters – Singing group meets at 10:30 a.m. Holland Street Center. Free.
• Wii Bowling League – 12 noon – 1 p.m. at Holland Street Center. Free
• LGBT Congregate Meal– second Monday of each month. No meal in October. Cost $6.
• Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Group C: 1 p.m. Pre-registration and waiver from doctor is necessary to start program. Talk to Chris for more details. $10/month
• LGBT “Movies to Come Out To” and Dinner – Fourth Monday, 5:30 p.m. Holland Street $6
• Strengthening with Geoff – 9:15-10:15 a.m. at Holland Street. $3 per class or $25 for 10 weeks.
• Men’s Group – First Tuesday of the month 10:30-11:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted at Holland Street Center. Free.
• English Conversation – We offer discussion and practice for non-native English speakers at 10:00 a.m. Work on your English skills in a fun and supportive atmosphere. Cross Street Center. Free.
• LBT Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – 6 p.m. Pre-registration and waiver from doctor is necessary to start program. Talk to Chris for more details. $10/month
• Caregivers Support Group – Third Tuesday of the month 6-7:30 p.m. at Holland Street. Free.
• Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Group A at 8:45 a.m., Group B at 9 a.m., Group C at 12 noon. Pre-registration and waiver from doctor is necessary to start program. Talk to Chris for more details. $10/month
• English Conversation –Cross Street Center. 10:00 a.m. Free.
• Bowling – Meet at Flatbreads on Day Street at 1 p.m. $10 per week includes shoe rental and dues.
• Zumba for All – Zumba provides modified, low-impact moves and easy-to-follow pacing for a healthy lifestyle. 5:15-6:15 p.m. $3 per class, $15 for 6 classes. Resuming January 8th.
• Strengthening with Geoff –9:30-10:30 a.m. at Ralph & Jenny. $3 per class or $25 for 10 weeks.
• Current Events Group – Lively discussion of the day’s news 10-11 a.m. at Holland Street. Free
• Crochet & Knitting – 10:45 a.m. at Ralph & Jenny. Free
• Musical Conversation – Second Thursday of the month. 12 noon. Holland Street. Free.
• LBT Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Holland Street Center. 6 p.m.
• Book Club – Meets the first Friday of the month at 10 a.m. at Holland Street.
• Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Group A 8:45, Group B 9:55 a.m.
NO PROGRAMMING ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH
President’s Day Holiday