It’s the summer of zoning (and, yes, that’s more exciting than it sounds)! The City’s zoning regulates what can be built in your neighborhood, what changes you can make to your home or business, and many other things that make Somerville look and feel the way it does.
Over the past few years, the Office of Strategic Planning and Community Development has been working on overhauling Somerville Zoning Ordinance to make it more predictable, user-friendly, and supportive of community goals. To help you better understand what’s proposed and what changes could be made, there will be a series of open houses this summer where you can stop by, ask questions, and nerd out over zoning with City staff.
All session run from 2 to 8 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
* June 26: Public Safety Building/Police Station, 220 Washington St.
* July 6: Winter Hill Community School, 115 Sycamore St.
* July 19: Senior Center, 116 Broadway
* July 29: Somerville High School, 81 Highland Ave. (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
* Aug. 17: Visiting Nurse Association, 259 Lowell St.
* Aug. 22: First Church Somerville, 89 College Ave.
* Aug. 31: Visiting Nurse Association, 405 Alewife Brook Parkway