Celebrate the Nepali community in Somerville with music, dance and food!
SOMERVILLE – The Somerville Arts Council and the Greater Boston Nepali Community (GBNC) present Nepal Fest, an ArtsUnion cultural festival taking place from 12 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 9, 2017, in Union Square Plaza. This festival is a chance for the Nepali community to celebrate their culture in their City as well as an opportunity for the rest of the Somerville community to learn about and enjoy Nepali music, dance, food crafts and more! Enjoy yummy Nepali food, while perusing the handicraft and artisan vendors tables, and listening to beautiful music.
Program line-up includes:
• Nepali musical performance by Himalayan Heritage Cultural Academy
• Newari cultural dance by Lakhey Naach, Newah Organization of New England
• Kauda Naach -Gurung cultural dance from mid-western region of Nepal
• Lok Dohori folk song performance by Boston Lok Suseli group, one of Boston’s most popular Nepali folk singer Min KC and one of New York’s most popular Nepali folk singer Nisha Sunuwar
• Live performance by Boston’s most popular Nepali Rock Band the Monday Junkies
• DJ Performance by Boston’s favorite Nepali DJ Mukund.
Rain date: Sunday, July 16, 2017.
For questions about the festival or press inquiries, please contact Special Events Manager, Nina Eichner at 617-625-6600 ext. 2998.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s Director of Human Services, Nancy Bacci, at 617-625-6600 x2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.