The City of Somerville announced today several changes to the ongoing public meeting series surrounding the proposed Zoning Overhaul Process. An updated meeting schedule is included below, and important changes are:
· The Mobility meeting has been changed from Mon., Feb. 8, to Mon., Feb. 22.
· The Economic Development meeting has been moved from Mon., Feb. 22, to Mon., Feb. 8
· A second Attainable Housing meeting has been added on Mon., Mar. 21, as a follow up to the Jan. 11 meeting.
· A meeting about Sustainability has been added on Mon., Apr. 11.
All meetings will be held at the Lowell St. VNA, 259 Lowell St., beginning at 6:30 p.m. The meetings will discuss the ideas within the City’s new proposed zoning ordinance, respond to comments provided in the public review process, and propose changes to the ordinance based upon this feedback. The remaining meeting schedule is as follows:
· Date: Monday, January 25
· Topics: Conserving neighborhoods, building types, lot dimensions
· Date: Monday, February 8
· Topics: Commercial development, job creation
· Date: Monday, February 22
· Topics: Parking requirements, bike parking, mobility management program
· Date: Monday, March 7
· Topics: Special permits, design review, neighborhood meetings, board process
Attainable Housing (Part 2)
· Date: Monday, March 21
· Topics: Inclusionary zoning, linkage, development bonuses
· Date: Monday, April 11
· Topics: Environment, building, technologies, urban development
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Betsy Allen, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or BAllen@somervillema.gov.