Wednesday, January 1 CENTERS CLOSED- HOLIDAY
Friday, January 3 Book club- Holland St.
Monday, January 6 Breakfast- Holand St.
Monday, January 13 LGBT- Holland St. Cafe
Sun.-Tues. January 12-14 Atlantic City- Taj Mahal
Monday, January 20 CENTERS CLOSED- HOLIDAY
Wednesday, January 22 Supper & Bingo at Hanscom Air Force Base
Monday, January 27 Dance- Holiday Inn
Wednesday, February 12 LGBT “Movie to Come out to”- Holland St.
Monday, March 17 LGBT “Movie to Come out to “- Hlland St.
Here is the monthly newsletter insert.
Atlantic City – Taj Mahal
We are off January 12th – 14th for two nights at the Luxurious Taj Mahal Resort and Casino. Transportation is included. Non stop entertainment, a dazzling array of shops and so much more! Sold Out—
Supper and Bingo at Hanscom Airforce Base
Join us January 22nd in the evening for Supper and Bingo at Hanscom Air force Base. The cost is $30 dollars per person. Transportation and meal is included into the cost. RSVP is required. Hope you can join us!
Book club will be meeting Friday January 3rd at 10 a.m. for coffee and discussion of the Pulitzer Prize winning book “behind the beautiful forevers- Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity.”, by Katherine Boo. The Group meets promptly at 10 a.m. in the Holland St. center conference room. Free.
Please join us for our first monthly breakfast of 2014 at Holland St. The guest speaker will be leading an interesting discussion on “What to do with your leisure time.” This talk is presented by a representative from the Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling/AdCare Council. $2 suggested voluntary donation per meal. RSVP required.
Come join in for some interesting conversation a cup of coffee with some likeminded men. Group meets once a month on the first Tuesday of each month at 10:30 A.M. at 167 Holland St. Free
Social group meets on the third Monday of each month with a different topic/speaker each month. Open to veterans and their spouses. Free.
TRIP POLICY REMINDER: SEATS ARE ONLY GUARANTEED UPON PAYMENT
SCOA Groups & Classes
• Monthly Breakfast – First Monday of the month at 9:30 a.m. Holland Street Center. RSVP required.
• Veteran’s Group – Third Monday of the month at 9:30 a.m. at Holland Street Center unless otherwise noted.
• Gardening Group – On hiatus until February.
• Moonlighters – Singing group meets at 10:30 a.m. Holland Street Center. Free.
• Wii Bowling League – 12 noon – 1 p.m. at Holland Street Center. Free
• LGBT Congregate Meal– second Monday of each month. No meal in November.
• Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Group C: 1 p.m. Pre-registration and waiver from doctor is necessary to start program. Talk to Chris for more details. $10/month
• LGBT “Movies to Come Out To” and Dinner – Fourth Monday, 5:30 p.m. Holland Street $6
• Strengthening with Geoff – 9:15-10:15 a.m. at Holland Street. $3 per class or $25 for 10 weeks.
• Men’s Group – First Tuesday of the month 10:30-11:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted at Holland Street Center. Free.
• English Conversation – We offer discussion and practice for non-native English speakers at 9:30 a.m. Work on your English skills in a fun and supportive atmosphere. Cross Street Center. Free.
• LBT Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – 6 p.m. Pre-registration and waiver from doctor is necessary to start program. Talk to Chris for more details. $10/month
• Caregivers Support Group – Third Tuesday of the month 6-7:30 p.m. at Holland Street. Free.
• Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Group A at 8:45 a.m., Group B at 9 a.m., Group C at 12 noon. Pre-registration and waiver from doctor is necessary to start program. Talk to Chris for more details. $10/month
• English Conversation –Cross Street Center. 10:30 a.m. Free.
• Bowling – Meet at Flatbreads on Day Street at 1 p.m. $10 per week includes shoe rental and dues.
• Zumba for All – Zumba provides modified, low-impact moves and easy-to-follow pacing for a healthy lifestyle. 5:15-6:15 p.m. $3 per class, $15 for 6 classes. Resuming January 8th.
• Strengthening with Geoff –10-11 a.m. at Ralph & Jenny. $3 per class or $25 for 10 weeks.
• Current Events Group – Lively discussion of the day’s news 10-11 a.m. at Holland Street. Free
• Crochet & Knitting – 10:45 a.m. at Ralph & Jenny. Free
• Musical Conversation – Second Thursday of the month. 12 noon. Holland Street. Free.
• LBT Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Holland Street Center. 6 p.m.
• Book Club – Meets the first Friday of the month at 10 a.m. at Holland Street.
• Fit-4-Life Exercise and Nutrition Program – Group A 8:45, Group B 9:55 a.m.
***Center is CLOSED JANUARY 1st and most programming resumes the week of January 6th. Please consult the calendar for more details.) ***