Join the City of Somerville for the annual Somerville Bulb Blitz this November, and help prepare your neighborhood for a bright and colorful spring 2019! Residents are invited to join City staff to plant bulbs that will bloom in Spring 2019. Since the Bulb Blitz began in 2011, residents have planted nearly 15,000 bulbs citywide!
2018 planting dates and locations are as follows:
· Saturday, November 3, 9 to 11 a.m.: Hodgkins-Curtin Park, Holland St.
· Saturday, November 3, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Bikeway Community Garden, Somerville Community Path (behind Rite Aid in Davis Sq.)
· Saturday, November 3, 2 to 4 p.m.:
o Tufts Community Garden, 85 Powderhouse Blvd.
o 66-70 Union Square, with Union Square Main Streets
· Wednesday, November 7, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.: South Street Farm, 138 South Street, with Groundwork Somerville
· Saturday, November 10, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: East Branch Library, 115 Broadway, with East Somerville Main Streets
Participants are asked to bring their own tools (bulb planters, shovels, hoes, gloves, etc.).
For more information or with questions, contact Luisa Oliveira at LOLIVEIRA@somervillema.gov.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Nency Salamoun, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or NSalamoun@somervillema.gov.