Somerville residents will be able to partake in early voting ahead of this year’s November 8 general election. The first-ever early voting period will run from October 24 through November 4. All early voting sessions will take place in the Aldermanic Chambers on the 2nd floor of Somerville City Hall, located at 93 Highland Ave. The hours for early voting are:
· Monday, October 24, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, October 25, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, October 26, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
· Thursday, October 27, 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
· Friday, October 28, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
· Saturday, October 29, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Sunday, October 30, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Monday, October 31, 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
· Tuesday, November 1, 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, November 2, 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
· Thursday, November 3, 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
· Friday, November 4, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
As an additional note, the City would like to remind residents that the deadline to register to vote or to change party affiliation for the November 8 election is Wednesday, October 19, 2016, at 8 p.m.
Residents may register to vote by visiting the Elections Department at Somerville City Hall, calling 617-625-6600 x4200 to have a voter registration form mailed, or by going to http://www.registertovotema.com. Online applications require a valid ID issued by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), as well as a signature on file with the RMV.
The City is also recruiting polling place workers to assist with the upcoming election. Polling place workers will be compensated for the time that they work. To be eligible to work at polling locations you must be a registered Massachusetts voter. For more information, contact the Elections Department at 617-625-6600 x4200.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Betsy Allen, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or BAllen@somervillema.gov.