The Veterans’ Commission on Monuments, Memorials and Dedications, in cooperation with Mayor Joseph A. Curtatone and the Department of Veterans Services, announce Somerville’s first-ever Joint Honor Roll Ceremony, inducting 18 Somerville veterans to the City’s Honor Roll. The Ceremony will be held on Sat., May 16 at 11 a.m., in conjunction with national Armed Forces Day.
Please note that the ceremony will be held in the Aldermanic Chambers at City Hall on Saturday.
• Technician Fourth Grade Vincent Fontano
• Sonarman Petty Officer First Class Carl E. Johanson, Jr.
• Specialist Third Class Robert J. Mitchell
• Private First Class Arthur A. Mitchell
• Specialist Fourth Class Kenneth J. Mitchell
• Technical Sergeant William J. Mitchell
• Private First Class Peter M. Mitchell
• Specialist 5 David A. Mitchell
• Corporal John F. Mitchell
• Coxswain James J. Murphy
• Aviation Ordnanceman Third Class Petty Officer Joseph A. Murphy
• Technical Sergeant Edward R. Reddin
• First Lieutenant Martin F. Shaughnessy
• Sergeant John E. Stone
• Technician Fourth Grade Lawrence W. Stone
• Coxswain Richard F. Stone
• Sonarman Petty Officer First Class Ralph G. Stone
• Aviation Metal Smith Petty Officer Second Class William B. Ward
An additional Honor Roll Ceremony is scheduled for Fall 2015.
For more information, contact the Veterans Services Office at 617-625-6600 ext. 4700.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Betsy Allen, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or BAllen@somervillema.gov.