Letters were sent out USPS registered mail and regular mail on Wednesday dated November 3rd 2021 to the following:
* Somerville Election Commissioner Nickolis Salerno
* Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone
* Massachusetts Secretary of State Election Division
* Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin
* Somerville City Council.
All five letters were
cc’ed to Attorrney Paul Barbadoro and to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Political/Election Corruption Division.
As they have all claimed in the past that their policies and campaigns are fully transparent, let them produce the documents immediately if there is nothing to hide.
There were multiple ballots cast in this election where many ballots were rejected because voters may not have filled in the circle and may not have put in the address or may not have done both or may have wrote in “Billy Tauro”instead of “William Tauro” or may have put the sticker on and not filled in the circle etc. etc. etc. But there is a court ruling stating that the voters intent to cast their vote for that candidate is there so it is allowable. Somerville is pushing the envelope and making the candidate beg for it forcing court action. So be it!
According to the Massachusetts Secretary of State’s Official Website:”General Requirements
All write-in or sticker votes should include the correct name and address of the candidates. Courts have ruled that a vote should be counted whenever the intent of the voter can reasonably be determined, even if a voter omits the candidate’s address or makes a mistake in the name or address. In O’Brien v. Board of Election Commissioners, 257 Mass. 332, 338-339, 153 N.E. 553, 556 (1926) the court said “that if the intent of the voter can be determined with reasonable certainty from an inspection of the ballot, in the light of the generally known conditions attendant upon the election, effect must be given to that intent… The omission of the residence … on some ballots on which the name had been written by the voters rightly was found not to invalidate such votes.” Maiewski v. Board of Registrars of Voters, 347 Mass. 681, 199 N.E. 2d 680 (1964). This includes where a voter fails to complete the vote indicator next to the write-in space—the write-in or sticker vote will still be counted.”
Subject:Request for independant investigation of November second two thousand twenty one Somerville Municipal Election of original paper ballots (including electronic ballots if any)
To:Somerville Election Commissioner Nick Salerno, Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone, Massachusetts Secretary of State Election Division, Massachusetts Secretary of State Election Division, Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin Secretary of State, Somerville City Council,
After the November second two thousand twenty one Somerville Municipal Election concluded receiving ballots, I was made aware that several discrepancies that influenced the results of the Somerville Municipal Election have occurred.
I therefore, as the official candidate seeking the office for Mayor of the City of Somerville Massachusetts, officially request, that an independent, outside investigation of transparency be conducted, immediately, by three or more separate qualified agencies in official form and capacity, seeking the following discovery of answers;
• Proper physical hand counting of all the original paper ballots (including electronic ballots if any)with third disinterested parties witnessing, to determine the factual name written, or by use of sticker indicated on the ballot, by any and all individuals desiring to cast their vote for that person in particular so they may achieve the office sought.
• Proper totals of all the original paper ballots as well as (including electronic ballots if any) of as how many of those ballots were rejected and/or dismissed.
• The reason of explanation as to how and why this would occur and how many times in the past has it occurred.
• The names and contact information of any, and all individual(s), that had control of, or, direct contact with the voter machines, at any time, and, the hardware used to program those machines, as well as, who was the writer of such hardware, and, the method of a full and unaltered explanation determining the exact access by any and all individual(s) and why, during before and after the election of the Somerville Municipal Election twenty twenty one election including the primary as well as the general election.
• The names and contact information of each and every individual that worked for the Somerville Election Department describing their specific duties as instructed.
• The name(s) of the individual(s) that provided those instructions as well as any illegal statements uttered instructed or otherwise that would have altered the election results in any way or form.
• The specific explanation as to why a new machine would have two sets of numbers displayed on the screens and why the machines that were used in the primary election conducted in September fourteenth twenty twenty one had a different set of machines.
• The explanation as to where the specific machines used in the September fourteenth twenty twenty one primary election are currently.
• The role each election worker participated in.
• Findings of any issues of irregularity.
Furthermore, I request that the findings of such investigation methods be immediately made public, and displayed so the entire population be made aware of any such irregularities.
William B. Tauro
333 Great River Road, Apartment 258
Somerville, Massachusetts 02145