The Somerville Lions Club would like to thank the Somerville Traffic and Parking Department especially Director Suzanne Rinfret and Laura Accaputo of that Department for taking the time to acknowledge the Somerville Lions Club’s charitable causes and their mission and for taking the time to have the club’s signage mounted at all the city’s entrances for daily commuters to notice.
The Traffic & Parking Department is an important part of living in Somerville. The Traffic and Parking Department works with other departments in the City to make sure that all public roads are safe and accessible.
The signs were posted at the following city gateways entrances to the city:
1) On Beacon Street next to the Wine Cask coming from Cambridge.
2) The bridge over to mystic river coming from Medford
3) On Medford Street By Hub Glass coming Cambridge.
4) On McGrath OBrien highway in front of Reprographics coming from Boston.
5) On Mystic Avenue as you coming off of 93 in front of the inspection station shop.
6) Between Broadway and Middlesex Avenue under the overpass leading to the Mount Vernon Restaurant.
7) On Washington Street by the Somerville Holiday Inn coming from Charlestown
8) On Broadway by the Clariton hill bus stop turnaround coming from Cambridge and Arlinton.
The Somerville Lions Club’s Mission:
Our mission is to empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.
To join the Somerville Lions Club call: ((617)293-2016