, Five Things You Need to Know: Based on the forecast, Somerville has declared a snow emergency effective 2 pm today, Sat., Dec. 14. Please review the important snow emergency info
below (and please share this so othe…rs will see it…and not get a ticket):
1. PARKING BAN: During the snow emergency, parking is allowed only on the odd-numbered side of the road (unless otherwise posted). Cars not moved from the even-numbered side by 6 pm Saturday will be subject to ticketing and towing.
2. PARKING IN CITY LOTS: Residents may park in any municipal lot or in designated school parking lots starting at 2 pm Saturday. Meters in these lots (and Citywide) will not be in effect during the emergency. Vehicles may remain in the lots until 2 hours after the emergency is lifted. For an interactive map of City and school lots, click here: http://ow.ly/hwtpk.
3. METERS NOT IN EFFECT DURING EMERGENCY: During the emergency, meters must not be paid. But please note, parking at street meters is allowed only on the odd-numbered side of the street.
4. WHO TO CALL: Residents with non-emergency requests should call 311. For emergencies, please remember to call 911.
5. MORE INFO: Additional information may be found at the City Snow Webpage at www.somervillema.gov/snow