Somerville, MA — Members of the Somerville School Committee will hold neighborhood meetings throughout the City over the next two weeks. The main topic of these one-on-one and small-
group gatherings is the Superintendent Search Process currently under way, although other topics can be discussed.
The meeting schedule is:
• Saturday, September 20th from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. at Hodgkins Park with School Committee members Carrie Normand and Paul Bockelman.
• Sunday, September 21st from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. at Albion Park (rain location is 46 Rogers Avenue) with School Committee member Laura Pitone.
• Sunday, September 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at The Biscuit at 406 Washington Street with School Committee member Dan Futrell.
• Sunday, September 21st from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. at Blessing of the Bay Boathouse with School Committee member Christine Rafal.
• Tuesday, September 23rd from 11:00 a.m. – noon in the Community Room of the Chatham Building at Clarendon Hills with School Committee member Carrie Normand.
• Wednesday, September 24th from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. at Armory Café at 191 Highland Avenue with School Committee member Laura Pitone.
• Saturday, September 27th from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. at Chuckie Harris Park with School Committee member Steve Roix. Interpretation will be available in Spanish.
• Sunday, September 28th from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. at Bloc 11 with School Committee member Adam Sweeting.
• Thursday, October 2nd from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. at Diesel Café with School Committee member Paul Bockelman.
The Superintendent search process was initiated earlier this week with three search consultants from Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates meeting with dozens of groups and more than 100 people over two full days to solicit input in preparation for development of a Superintendent leadership profile. The consultants met with union members and their leaders, city and school officials, parents, guardians, members of school councils and PTAs, business leaders, clergy, and representatives from the Somerville nonprofit community. Three open public meetings were held with one being conducted in Spanish.
Input is also being solicited through an online survey, available at: Somerville Superintendent Search Survey.
Information gathered from these meetings and the survey will be used by the consultants to formulate a leadership profile that will be used to recruit qualified candidates for this position. The School Committee will discuss the details of this leadership profile document at its meeting on Thursday, October 2nd at 7:00 p.m. at 42 Cross Street. This meeting is open to the public.