Ward meetings scheduled for May and June.
SOMERVILLE – Mayor Joseph A. Curtatone invites residents to the Spring 2016 ResiStat Community Meetings, a twice-yearly effort to share the latest City news and neighborhood updates directly with residents and gather their feedback. ResiStat is more than a great way to get an overview of what’s happening specifically in your neighborhood as well as citywide. The social time before and after the meetings also offer an easy opportunity to talk one-on-one to the Mayor, your Aldermen, and City staff and police—and to connect with your neighbors. (We serve pizza and kid-friendly, healthy snacks to make it more fun to come and chat.)
Seven neighborhood meetings, one in each ward, will be held in the coming weeks. (See schedule below.) Mayor Curtatone, ward and at-large aldermen, members of the Somerville Police Department, and City staff will discuss issues important to residents and there’s always a lively Q&A where residents can pose questions directly to the Mayor and Aldermen. Topics will range from crime and safety reports by cops on your neighborhood beat, neighborhood improvements such as road and park projects, to a review of citywide issues ranging from Green Line Extension updates to Union Square planning news, and the opioid crisis.
Refreshments will be served at a meet-and-greet before each meeting. Interpretation into Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian Creole will be provided.
For more information about ResiStat, or with any questions, contact ResiStat Coordinator, Meghann Ackerman, at MAckerman@somervillema.gov or 617-625-6600 ext. 2120.
Spring 2016 ResiStat Meeting Schedule
Meetings run from 6:30 to 8 p.m., with refreshments at 6 p.m.
– Ward 1 (East Somerville, Assembly Sq.): Mon., April 25, East Somerville Community School, 50 Cross St.
– Ward 7 (West Somerville, Teele Sq.): Wed., May 11, West Somerville Neighborhood School, 177 Powder House Blvd.
– Ward 6 (greater Davis Sq. neighborhood): Mon., May 16, Somerville Community Baptist Church, 31 College Ave.
– Ward 3 (N. Union Sq., Prospect Hill, Spring Hill, Central Hill): Wed., May 18, Somerville High School, 81 Highland Ave.
– Ward 5 (Magoun Sq., NE Ball Sq., Cedar & Lowell St. areas, NW Porter Sq.): Wed., May 25, Kennedy School, 5 Cherry St.
– Ward 4 (Winter Hill, Ten Hills): Tues., May 31, Healey School, 5 Meacham St.
– Ward 2 (S. Union Sq., Perry and Lincoln Park neighborhoods, Beacon St. area): Wed., June 1, Argenziano School, 290 Washington St.
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication, written materials in alternative formats, or reasonable modifications in policies and procedures, in order to access the programs and activities of the City of Somerville or to attend meetings, should contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Betsy Allen, at 617-625-6600 x2323 or BAllen@somervillema.gov.